(Grand Forks, ND) -- A Grand Forks man is facing a charge of discharging a firearm within city limits after his gun went off accidentally Thursday evening.
Authorities were called to the Cottage Grove apartments off Pioneer Drive around 5:51 p.m. after a tenant called reporting a bullet had came through the ceiling and into their floor.
Upon arrival, Grand Forks Police Officers say the man who fired the gun, Randall Brown, told them he was cleaning his gun when it accidentally went off. The bullet then went through the couch and into the apartment below his and lodged into the floor.
Luckily, no injuries were reported. The Grand Forks Police Department did say that they respond to several of these calls per year, and would like to remind residents to properly check or handle any firearm in a safe manner.