FARGO, N.D. – A candidate for Fargo’s school board says that, despite rumors on social media, she hasn’t received any death threats after comments made following recent candidate forum.
Carissa Geske told Flag Family News earlier this week that she’s being called a Islamaphobe and her business ‘is taking a hit’ after comments made following a forum on WDAY Radio and The Flag. After the forum, she spoke with Flag Family News Reporter Austin Erickson and elaborated on a comment made about a moral law children should be taught – adding Islam is something that needs to be addressed.
In later comments on WDAY Radio’s The Jay Thomas Show, Geske clarified her comments.
“I love all people. God loves all people. I’m not talking about a person. I’m talking about a world view and western society and Islamic thought don’t go well together. I want to encourage people, read the Quran if you haven’t. Read Sharia Law. What would that do to our daughters in the classrooms? It’s something that I haven’t heard anyone talk about that needs to be addressed,” she said.
On Friday, Flag Family News was alerted to a social media post alleging Geske had been receiving death threats. The post came as a comment from the social media site Facebook, appearing to be from the page for Michelle Turnberg’s mayoral campaign.
“Already giving her death threats!!” the post read.
Flag Family News reached out to Geske, who said she had not received any direct death threats as of Friday night.
Flag Family News has also reached out to Turnberg for comment, but we didn’t immediately hear back.



