(Fargo, ND) -- In preparation for the upcoming general election, Cass County officials are reaching out to make sure you are prepared to cast your vote.
Cass County will be conducting the November 8th General Election as a vote center election with several vote center locations available.
There will be several ways to submit a ballot for the General Election, including:
- Return an absentee ballot to the Cass County Finance Office via U.S. Postal Service, postmarked by November 7, 2022 (P.O. Box 2806, Fargo, ND 58108-2806).
- Return an absentee ballot via secure drop box by 5:00 p.m. on November 7th. A secure drop box is located outside the Cass County Courthouse at 211 9th St. S. Fargo, ND.
- Vote in person early during the “Early Voting” period starting on October 31st.
- Vote in person on Election Day, November 8th, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. at the designated locations provided:
- FargoDome - 1800 N. University Dr., Fargo
- West Acres Mall Center Court, 3902 13th Ave S, Fargo
- Northview Church, 3401 25th St S, Fargo
- Fargo Civic Center - 207 4th St. N., Fargo
- Atonement Lutheran Church, 4601 University Dr S, Fargo
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 4575 45th St S, Fargo
- Hartl Ag Building RRVF, 1805 Main Ave W, West Fargo
- Horace Fire & Rescue Event Center, 413 Main St, Horace
- Casselton Days Inn, 2050 Governor’s Dr, Casselton
- Arthur Community Hall, 550 Main St, Arthur
Whether a citizen votes by absentee ballot or in person, valid identification including the voter’s name, current residential address, and date of birth is required. Options include a North Dakota driver’s license, a nondriver’s identification card, ID issued by a tribal government, or a long-term care identification certificate. More information about how voters can verify their voting information and address can be found here. If a voter is unable to update their current address before election day, then the voter must bring with them a document such as a lease, utility bill, or bank statement showing their current residential address.
Voters may also vote by absentee ballot. Absentee ballots are only sent to citizens that have completed an application that has been verified by the Cass County Finance Office. If residents are unsure if they have asked for an absentee ballot to be mailed, they're asked to please call (701) 241-5600 to verify.
This information, and more, can be found on the county's voting section of its website.